GET YOUR FREE GIFT DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX!
Enter your details below to receive it now!
Welcome to our PureVPN review, where we take a look at a feature-rich option with a decent reputation.
A VPN is a service that improves internet security and allows you to bypass censorship other Internet restrictions, by creating an encrypted connection between your computer and the VPN server. Read here (http://www.australianvpn.com.au/what-is-a-vpn/) for more information on what a VPN is and what it can do for you.
Australian Servers = Speed
PureVPN offers 500 servers in 141 countries worldwide. They have several servers in Australia, which is useful since having your VPN on the other side of the planet from you tends to have consequences for your Internet quality. Since they have servers all over the world, your speed should not be affected over-much when you are travelling.
PureVPN offers up to 5 simultaneous connections for US$9.99/month. This drops to US$7.99/month if you select the six-month offer (billed as US$47.94 every six months), and to US$4.99 on the annual plan (billed as a single US$59.99 payment a year). There is an optional NAT Firewall for US$4.99/month, and dedicated IP addresses for US$4.99/month, with a dedicated IP address with DDoS protection available for US$5.99/month. They offer a 7-day money back guarantee, if you have not used more than 3GB of bandwidth or 100 sessions in that time.
Even going on just the number of simultaneous connections, this is a stellar price, since many other VPNs offer only one or, at most, three connections for a similar price. Please remember that the prices are quoted in US dollar, and that your bill may vary due to changes in the exchange rate.
- Save 17%
- Save 37%
PureVPN logs connection times and bandwidth used, but no other usage information. They also very helpfully point out that Hong Kong, where the company is based, has no mandatory data retention laws. However, they do not promise to ride your data down in flames if they are presented with proof that you’ve violated their Terms of Service (or the law) so they may not be the best option if your Internet use is not strictly on the up-and-up.
PureVPN offers a series of apps for a variety of platforms, including Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. Their Android app is easy to use and feature-rich, with simple options for the less tech-savvy, but a rich customization experience for those who like to tinker. Their Windows app is likewise easy to use, with a multitude of convenience features. Like the Android app, the Windows app offers both a simple installation with a lot of automation, and heavy-duty customization options so you can decide exactly how you want the experience to go.
During PureVPN review testing, PureVPN showed its true colours by testing out as an exceptionally low-impact option. Not only did it have a minimal impact on speed and latency, it actually improved upload speeds while having a bare-minimum impact on download speeds. It did cause slight stuttering and lower quality while streaming, however.
Some of PureVPN’s features include:
- No third parties. PureVPN’s servers are all owned in-house, and they never give third-parties access to your data.
- Multiple protocols supported. PureVPN offers support for L2TP/IPSec/PPTP, SSTP, and IKEv2.
- Dedicated IP. For those who want complete control over their online reputation, a dedicated IP might be just the thing.
- DDoS protection. PureVPN offers a DDoS protection service which they tout as being “capable of defeating the most complex DDOS attacks.”
- Split tunnelling. Choose which data to send through PureVPN, and which to send through your ISP to enjoy the best of all worlds.
- Virtual router. This feature comes with the Windows app. Using the Virtual Router application, you can convert your computer into a virtual router and connect up to 10 devices.
- Kill switch. PureVPN’s kill switch kills active connections when your connection to the VPN goes down, so that your data is never exposed to prying eyes.
- Automatic protocol selection. For the less tech-savvy, PureVPN’s apps are able to automatically select the correct protocol for your needs.
All in all, PureVPN is a feature-rich, easy-to-use VPN option with impressive infrastructure, sensational speeds, and an attractive price point. The easy setup makes it ideal for the first-time user, while the customization it offers will make it an attractive option for the more discerning taste as well.
They do practice logging, however, and make a point of saying that they will comply with legal requests for information if those requests are justified, so there’s that.
Thank you for reading our PureVPN review. Comments, questions, concerns? Let us know in the comments below.